2021 DJL Sauvignon Blanc

$28.00
$168.00

In stock

-
+

An intriguing expression of Sauvignon Blanc, bright fruit layered with complex textural elements which culminate in a crisp, dry, persistent finish. The lively palate is medium bodied offering zesty citrus and lemon sorbet flavours, tangy tropical fruits, and plenty of spice.

Discover more
Navigate To
  • Viticulture
  • Tasting Notes
  • Winemaking
  • Related Wines
  • Delivery Information

Viticulture

Sauvignon Blanc
2021
Margaret River
We had a great Summer leading up to vintage, although a rain event about a week or so before the start of harvest lead to some unusually humid conditions (for Margaret River at least). Careful fruit selection in some vineyards was required as a result of the humidity, despite experiencing good weather during the white harvest. The end of the whites saw a bit more rain, which was then followed by fine weather for the rest of March setting up the Cabernets nicely. In summary 2021 was a more challenging season than usual, however the extra work in the vineyard ultimately paid dividends with some wonderfully elegant wines being produced as a result. 90% the fruit for the 2021 DJL Sauvignon Blanc was sourced from a mature Sauvignon Blanc vineyard in the Yallingup sub-region of Margaret River. The remaining 10% was estate grown on our Lagan vineyard in the Wallcliffe sub-region.

Tasting Notes

Pale straw with slight green tinge.
The bouquet displays ripe passionfruit, lime and lemongrass characters. Hints of frangipani, fennel and the subtle influence of oak linger in the background.
The lively palate is medium bodied offering zesty citrus and lemon sorbet flavours, tangy tropical fruits and plenty of spice. All these crunchy elements are contrasted beautifully by a lovely creamy texture derived from lees stirring. An intriguing expression of Sauvignon Blanc, bright fruit layered with interesting elements which culminate in a crisp, dry, persistent finish

Winemaking

12.8%
750ml
3.10
70% of the fruit was whole berry pressed before cold settling, with the clean juice fermented at 15°C in stainless steel tanks using aromatic yeast strains to retain fresh varietal characteristics. The remaining 30% was whole berry pressed and the cloudy juice was barrel fermented (30% new oak) to add texture and complexity into the blend. The two components were then blended in tank before being returned to older oak for two months for further lees stirring to add more texture and mouth feel. The wine was then stabilised, filtered, and bottled under screw cap closure. No fining was undertaken.