New Release

2021 Circa 77 Sauvignon Blanc Semillon

$20.00
$120.00

In stock

-
+

An easy drinking ‘classic’ Margaret River wine style with wonderful purity – crunchy, fruit driven, lip-smacking dry with crisp acidity, subtle texture from the barrel ferment component yet with and a clean refreshing finish.

Discover more
Navigate To
  • Viticulture
  • Tasting Notes
  • Winemaking
  • Related Wines
  • Delivery Information

Viticulture

70% Sauvignon Blanc 30% Semillon
2021
Margaret River
We had a great Summer leading up to vintage, although a rain event about a week or so before the start of harvest lead to some unusually humid conditions (for Margaret River at least). Careful fruit selection in some vineyards was required as a result of the humidity, despite experiencing good weather during the white harvest. The end of the whites saw a bit more rain, which was then followed by fine weather for the rest of March setting up the Cabernets nicely. In summary 2021 was a more challenging season than usual, however the extra work in the vineyard ultimately paid dividends with some wonderfully elegant wines being produced as a result. 85% of the fruit for this wine was estate grown on our Boodjidup vineyard in the Wallcliffe subregion of Margaret River while the remaining 15% was sourced from a mature Shiraz vineyard in the Yallingup sub-region.

Tasting Notes

Pale straw with slight green tinge.
The vibrant bouquet exhibits fresh passionfruit and citrus characters, with dried herbs and hints of lemon sherbet in the background. Some subtle barrel ferment complexity is also evident.
Medium bodied, the zesty palate offers freshly squeezed lemon/lime flavours combined with tropical fruits and a touch of spice. An easy drinking ‘classic’ Margaret River wine style with wonderful purity – crunchy, fruit driven, lip-smacking dry with crisp acidity, subtle texture from the barrel ferment component yet with and a clean refreshing finish.
A ‘drink now’ style - best consumed while bright and youthful.
Download Tasting Notes

Winemaking

13%
750ml
3.09
85% of the fruit was crushed, destemmed, and chilled before pressing. These components were then settled, with the clean juice fermented at 15°C in stainless steel tanks using aromatic yeast strains to retain fresh varietal characteristics. The remaining 15% (all Sauvignon Blanc) was whole berry pressed and the cloudy juice was barrel fermented (30% new oak, which equalled 5% new oak when blended with all tank ferment components) to add texture and complexity into the blend. The final components are then selected and assembled prior to stabilisation and bottling under screw cap closure.