2019 Xanadu Chardonnay


In stock


A modern, sophisticated Chardonnay displaying classic Margaret River hallmarks whilst showing that power and elegance don’t need to be mutually exclusive. White peach, pear drop and grapefruit combine with natural acidity for a fresh and vibrant finish. This is a wine which while drinking well in its youth, will certainly reward cellaring over the medium term.

Discover more
Navigate To
  • Viticulture
  • Tasting Notes
  • Winemaking
  • Professional Reviews
  • Related Wines
  • Delivery Information


Chardonnay (100%)
Margaret River
The growing season began with good, even budburst after average Winter rainfall. The mild Spring which followed ensured that there was good flowering and fruit set. A moderate start to Summer, with no heat extremes, set up the harvest well with white varieties offering great flavour intensity and bright acidity. There was an incredible display of Marri blossom (tagged as a once in a generation ‘mega-blossom’) which meant bird pressure was practically nonexistent whilst the whites were harvested. A minor rain event occurred in mid-March, which was followed by fine warm conditions which prevailed right through to middle of April allowing all red varieties to achieve great flavour and tannin ripeness. In summary 2018 will be remembered as an outstanding vintage! 70% of the 2018 Xanadu Chardonnay is estate grown in the Wallcliffe sub-region while the remaining 30% was sourced from mature grower vineyards from Wilyabrup, Wallcliffe and Karridale.

Tasting Notes

Pale straw
The bouquet of this elegant, yet powerful Chardonnay offers both detaied purity and complexity. Fresh pear puree, white fleshed stone fruits, frangipani and zesty grapefruit with underlying secondary characters of nougat, wafer and mealy notes in the background.
Medioum bodied and tightly coiled, displaying white peach, pear drop and pithy grapefruit phenolics. The fine boned structure is augmented by a lovely creamy mouthfeel derived from lees stirring. Refined yet complex, the intense fruit and core acidity combine to focus the wine perfectly to a lingering finish.
Download Tasting Notes


Made entirely from Gingin clone Chardonnay which was whole bunch pressed followed by 100%-barrel fermentation in select French oak (25% new oak). Wild fermentation was encouraged on all the components, in order to introduce more complexity and personality into the wine. All the individual batches which make up the blend were lees stirred throughout a nine-month oak maturation period, without any malolactic fermentation. The final blend was put together in November 2018.

Professional Reviews

Gold Medal
Gold Medal
An exquisite wine from this great WA vintage. Gorgeous aroma of pear and citrus with a trace of cereal substance in the background. There is an ever-so-subtle toasty backdrop, but the life and energy through the fine, intense palate is superb. A delightful minerally crisp acidity finishes an excellent wine.